OK so everybody is sooooooo green now huh? I say BS!
· If everyone is so green then where are the bicycle valets?
· If everyone is so green then why the resistance to taxing the hell out of gas to pay for mass transit?
· If everyone is so green then where are the protestors whenever a freeway is expanded? After all a lot of the bailout money from the Feds is going to highway improvement and expansion. I though Obama was GREENER that Kermit the Frog!
· If everyone is so green then why are even the hippies living inside sealed homes cooled by AC in the summer when it’s hot?
· If everyone is so green then why aren’t we remembering to take our Trader Joe’s reusable bags when we go shopping?
· If everyone is so green then why are the Arabs still so freakin’ rich?
· If everyone is so green then why are we still buying cheap crap from countries who don’t have an EPA?
· If everyone is so green then why are the privileged still hiring underprivileged (or illegal) landscapers with gas-driven mowers and blowers?
The list could go on and on and on – maybe you think it already has.
Green is nothing more than a fashion statement. Until people start dying from global warming, it will remain a fashion thing, nothing more than a “keep up with the Jones’” thing. It’s not about reducing pollution or saving the Earth, it’s about impressing the neighbors at cocktail parties with rainwater capture systems for watering your oversized lawns and passive water heating systems made of PVC pipes and operated by toxic battery systems.
So is green cool, hip, fashionable, economical, inconvenient, or are you ignoring it altogether like a good Michael Savage Republican?
Well, if Al Gore-ites are right we’ll start dying soon anyway so why respond to green fashionistas? If Michael Savage-ites are right the green fashion will pass and another cause will eventually emerge.
What will that new fashion statement be? Hmmm….I wonder. Perhaps it will be war –related considering all of the unrest in the world. Or perhaps it will be growing factionalism in the US as people grow poor and fight for position. I just need to figure it out early so I can corner the market on t-shits.